Millionaire Mind |Wealth Principles |Money Mastery
Today I am going to carry on from where I left this blog and share with you a few more wealth principles I have learned from reading the Secrets Of the Millionaire Mind by T Harv Eker.
As I mentioned in my last blog our programming over the years has made us who we are today. Harv gives us a wonderful example of how this was manifesting and how this belief was changed.
This is a direct quote from the book
Stephen shared with us that when he was growing up, his Mom always used to say, “Rich People are greedy. They make their money off the sweat of the poor. You should have just enough to get by. After that you are a pig”
It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out what was going on inside Stephen’s unconscious mind. No wonder he was broke. He was verbally conditioned by his mother to believe that rich people are greedy. Therefore, his mind linked up rich with greedy, which of course is bad. Since he didn’t want to be bad, unconsciously he couldn’t be rich.
Stephen loved his Mom and didn’t want her to disapprove of him. Obviously based on her beliefs if he were to get rich she wouldn’t approve. Therefore the only thing for him to do was to get rid of any extra money beyond just getting by, otherwise he would be a pig.
Now, you would think that in choosing between being rich and being approved by Mom or anyone else for that matter, most people would take rich. Not a chance! The mind just does not work that way. Sure riches would seem to be the logical choice. But when the subconscious mind must choose between the deeply rooted emotions and logic, emotions will always win.
Now here is that wealth principle
- When the subconscious mind must choose between deeply rooted emotions and logic, emotions will almost always win.
The way this was mended for Stephen was – first he had to understand that these non-supportive beliefs were his Mom’s not his. Next they got his Mom to approve of him been rich by buying her a condo in Hawaii which she loved. And now he is a millionaire many times over. She loves that he is rich and tells everyone how generous he is.
Here is the method used to do the re-programming of verbal programming.
- The first step is awareness. Write down all the statements you heard about money, wealth and rich people when you were young.
- Understanding Write down how you believe these statements have effected your financial life so far
- Disassociation Can you see that these thoughts represent only what you learned and are not part of your anatomy and not who you are? Can you see that you have a choice in the present moment to be different?
- Declaration Place your hand over your heart so the body can feel the vibrations and say “What I heard about money isn’t necessarily true. I choose to adopt a new way of thinking to support my happiness and success. ” Touch your head and say “I have a millionaire Mind“
The other main cause of our programming is modeling. Were your parents good with money? Were all the arguments in the house because of money and the way it was saved or spent? Did your parents take risks with their money? Were they entrepreneurs?
If your blueprint isn’t set for success, you are doomed. So please do these exercises, think about your conditioning as a child and work to change it so you can have the real success you desire.
If you have enjoyed this post please comment below and make contact with me on Facebook. I would love to help you in your process of changing your financial blueprint.
Have a great and prosperous day